Saturday, March 15, 2008

... just had to create something...

Last night I just felt I had to create something, anything.... and since it was already late and I wasn't about to go through my stash in the midst of all the packing, I used loose scraps at hand to make 2 ATCs. Quick and easy, but enough to satisfy the crafty urge to keep me happy! And even though they're very simple designs, I quite like the way they turned out. :)



I stamped this with Hero Arts "Art, Life & Beauty" wood-mounted rubber stamp in my favourite grey ink (Anna Griffin pigment ink from All Night Media), distressed the edges with ink on a wet sponge(I used Ranger's distress ink in weathered wood), then trimmed a scrap butterfly diecut (sizzix sizzlit) negative to stick over. In deference to the stamp I used, I titled this ATC "Art, Life & a Butterfly"...okay, okay, not very original but at hey, at 11pm at night, I was happy with it!




This Scenic Route PP with the arrows is just so fun and funky, I just HAD to do this ATC! One of the quickest and easiest ever - just a rectangular scrap of the PP, light blue flower blings (from Kuretake), "this side up" handwritten around the PP and edges inked with my favourite Colorbox charcoal chalk ink! Titled it "this side up" and had a good laugh at how corny it was! But I was happy, so there!


Oh, and I finally took out my recently acquired Cat's Life Press unmounted rubber stamp to use on the back of my ATCs. So of course I have to show a sample! :)


Have a fab Saturday evening and Sunday, y'all!

2 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

i think they're both very adorable.. especially the Butterfly card.. love it sooooooooooo much Karen!!

Wati Basri said...

lovely atcs!!